Our client is one of the world’s most sustainable companies. They are at the forefront in leading & supporting global organisations on their decarbonization journey by providing strategic climate consulting solutions (services & software) to global customers.
The Client Development Associate will serve as part of the EMEA Sales organization and is responsible for helping future-Clients succeed by leading them on their Active Energy Management journey – a strategic approach that integrates how they buy and use energy whilst operating more sustainably every day – and working collaboratively with customers to develop Solutions and Business Cases focused on recurring energy management, sustainability, data and reporting services. This role will be home-based in Sweden.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with CRM tools such as Salesforce.com, must possess strong prospecting, hunting and nurturing capabilities and ideally be able to demonstrate some initial experience in consultative selling, with the proven ability to engage with influencers and decision makers to communicate the company value proposition around Active Energy Management.
Additionally, you will research, define and target specific accounts in strategic market segments as assigned to enable a high level of sales success with targeted clients and prospects. Integrity, vision, passion and ability to excel in a collaborative sales environment are essential for this role.
What will you do ?
You will be paired up with a senior member of the New Sales team to work alongside of and shadow in order to become familiar with the various aspects and responsibilities of the EMEA Sales team and to support in driving new business through the following activity:
- Establishing new business opportunities within targeted accounts through prospecting, networking, qualifying and closing techniques.
- Supporting the conversion of qualified leads into profitable and ongoing business relationships.
- Working with the company portfolio of energy & sustainability offerings to develop customized solutions that address the customer’s business needs.
- Understanding customer long-term strategic business needs and increase level of contact– higher and wider – within customer’s organization to allow for selling of new opportunities.
- Advising clients on the company software, services and product offerings.
- Assisting in the development of account plans and sales proposals. Liaise with and support in enlisting the support of Sales Operations, implementation resources, delivery resources, and other sales and management resources as needed in response to RFP’s.
- Collaborating with colleagues, including sales, marketing and operations teams, on ways to continuously improve offerings and go to market strategies, including development of an effective social selling brand content through social media, webinars and other digital thought leadership channels.
- Working collaboratively with customers to develop Solutions and Business Cases.
- Communicating and interacting with business decision-makers at all levels to identify needs and requirements as well as market opportunities.
- Leading prospects through the sales cycle.
- Generating an agreed upon number of leads and closed opportunities per year.
- Maintaining prospects (CRM – Salesforce.com) database information.
- Join a growing and entrepreneurial company recognized as one of the world’s most sustainable companies, tackling the urgency of rapidly reducing carbon emissions and adopting renewable energy solutions to fight the climate crisis.
- Strong team culture and respected sales organization.
- Robust onboarding program and ongoing, professional sales training.
- Mentorship / Shadowing Opportunities with experienced team members.
- Competitive salary and bonus opportunities.
- Excellent benefits package.
A strong sales support network, including:
- Solutions Architects lending sales support and guidance with subject matter expertise.
- Sales Operations supporting the RFP development, pricing and the contracting process.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent in experience.
- This position is ideal for someone who has had a first successful experience in an inside sales position, or who has some initial experience and demonstrated success in an external sales role, and who is looking for a new and exciting opportunity to grow. This position enables the successful candidate to have a transition path and plan into a Sales Manager position.
- Demonstrated experience selling consultancy services in the energy management industry to industrial and/or commercial clients; experience and knowledge from working within the energy, sustainability or environmental industry is preferred.
- Self-starter; able to rapidly comprehend client demands and business solutions and to align the two to ensure sales performance at or above assigned levels.
- Ability and willingness to perform tasks related to cold prospecting and lead generation to fill the pipeline.
- Persistence in follow up of leads and movement of prospects through the sales cycle.
- Interfacing and presenting to all management levels at Fortune 500 companies.
- Team player with strong networking skills (internal & external)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Swedish and English.
- Computer literate in a Microsoft Office environment (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook) and Salesforce.com CRM system.
- Willingness to travel as may be required to support sales activity.
If you feel that you would like to join a global business, supporting global customers with their energy efficiency initiatives and you are a determined sales professional that wants to make an impact then email me now firstname.lastname@example.org